Sunday, September 11, 2011

Style or science?

This picture would be nice if I was showing off my Nine West cork-wedge slides.  They are very comfortable shoes and I got them on sale.  You might think that at first glance.  You also might think I've gone and done some odd, fadish, in-style for the moment, weird nail polish on my big toe.  Nope.  It isn't that either.
This noticibly, off-color toe-nail I am sporting is nothing more than the product of my own foolishness.  It is the result of wearing an old pair of running shoes I knew I needed to replace because I had broken down every benefit they had provided me during the length of the time I had used them.  I knew better and yet I continued.  This toenail was the result.  It's a classic case of runners black toenail.
I haven't had one in a long time.  I've probably lost two...or I think it's three...toenails this way before now.  I am not alone and I actually found out that some experts seem to think it happens when you go to a higher level of training.  It is also expected when the temperatures are higher which produces more swelling in the feet during those longer training periods.  It has to do with the pressure of the repetitive motion under the toes and blood flow and some kind of scientific stuff to make your toenail go black and end up looking like it does in my picture.  It doesn't hurt and the best treatment is to ignore it - which I will do, have done, and will keep doing. 
It's nice to know that I possibly got this ailment from a higher training level.  The only problem is... I'm not training.  I'm only trying to get my run on.  But hey, whatever the experts want to think is okay with me.  Who am I to argue with science and experts?  Besides, I've already got my new running shoes and they cover up the mismatched toenail.  So, all things considered...aren't those Nine West slides nice?  They are very comfortable and did I say they were on sale?  Could you hand me the nail polish?
TT

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment at any time! TT