Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Rain

It rained on Sunday night.  It rained hard and for about an hour.  At the start I heard thunder but I wasn't impressed.  I've been teased with the symptoms of rain before without ever getting the disease.  This was one ailment that would have given many benefits, like the ones used for prevention.  I wasn't buying it.  I didn't think it would happen.
But I was wrong.  My frustration from past months of checking any and all clouds that appeared different from the plain, dry versions we have had pushed me into a non-believing state of it will never happen.  So, when I heard the thunder I didn't believe it would develop into anything more than a teasing noise.  Like I said, I was wrong.  And it rained.  I went out and opened the door.  I stared out at the happy, wet cure falling from the much studied skies.  It was a vision I had to see in order to truly absorb the reality of what was coming to pass.  Too many months of anticipation, hope and finally resolve that it wasn't in the near future, had put me off from thinking it could really be happening.  As I stood at the door studying the magnificent view there was no denying the smell and moisture and beating of each forceful drop spilling in front of me.  It was there, it was happening and it lasted longer and fell harder than anything we have experienced in many, many months.  It was fresh, cool and impactful.
It was a simple rainstorm.  A measure of tonic given to the dry and parched earth.  I gift to itself and I'd like to think for me, too.
It rained on Sunday night. 
TT

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment at any time! TT