Monday, September 5, 2011

Labor Day

Woo-wee! What a day! After all the activities from yesterday I awoke late. Very late for me. It was probably close to 7:45am. By the time I had coffee and wrote a bit it was even later, like after 10:00. At that point I had to decide about my run. I needed to shake the cobwebs from my brain or was that just the effects of a few too many Heinekens the night before? Either way, the weather was so perfectly gorgeous outside I ate a banana and decided to go out for at least 4 miles - no matter the cause of my fuzzy headedness.
It really was a beautiful morning. The temperature somehow, someway, decided to stay a nice 79 degrees even well after 10:00am. There was a wind blowing and I don't think I broke a sweat until mile three which is extremely unusal for me. I reached mile four and didn't feel like stopping yet. I went ahead and made it a full seven miles. Not too shabby considering the fuzzy head and all.
About the time I had showered and cleaned up, I got a call from Dante. He wanted to get together to talk cookie pricing and product costs. We knew we needed to get accurate costs to see if our pricing was in line so he came over and we went out together to purchase more packaging supplies and ingredients. We came back home with receipts in hand and spreadsheets before us. We converted everything into measurable amounts, figured formulas to calculate different factors and came up with costs for all six cookie varieties, with and without different packaging. It was well past 5:30 when we finished but it turned out to be a very productive day.
Then I needed to clean up the kitchen, write up a few checks to go out for Jay's shop and well, write a bit more. So now it's half past 8:00pm and I am shutting down to go read for a while. I can't say I didn't get a lot done and I feel pretty good about it all. Woo-wee!
They don't call it labor day for nuthin'!
TT

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment at any time! TT