Thursday, September 22, 2011

100

Today, September 22nd, is the 265th day of this year. There are 365 days to each year so by simple calculation there are 100 days left in 2011. I have already gone through, x'd out, flipped the calendar page over to get to today, the 265th day of this year.
That leaves 100 days. Is that a lot or not so much? What can I do with the next 100 days and am I happy with what I have done with the number of days past? I would hope I can say things have gone fairly well. There will always be things that happen I wish didn't or had gone better. But for the most part it's more important to know that it isn't about the whole 365 days but today. What about today?
Today I am writing the 270th post for this year. Today I am feeling pretty good about a lot of things that have come to pass. Today I think I have progressed much more than I ever thought I would or could. It's come in small steps this time. It has been daily steps that might have been more slowly taken but more surely placed. It has been about not getting tied up to the things that haven't worked but to decide what to do about them in order to have time for the things that do. And to do it now. Today. Because the sooner I work that out, the more days I will have to push forward on the things I would rather be tied to. The things I would rather be making decisions about and working towards.
It all takes a number of days, strewn together, moving ahead, going forward. There are 100 days left in this year but really...what I really have is today.
TT

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment at any time! TT