Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Time

I am having a few minor difficulties coming out of vacation mode and going back to my routine Monday through Friday, 8 hours a day job.  I have found myself feeling restricted by the clock.  It is that feeling and necessity that I have to be somewhere and do something other than what I would rather be doing at a particular time.  I am missing the ability to decide to change what I am doing based on the freedom of not being bound by the clock and having a timetable, but to be able to work until I am done.  I stayed at my home desk a little too long yesterday morning.  I wasn't at a stopping point but when I glanced at the time I knew I had to leave.  Once I got going, I realized the wonderful weather was making me wish I wasn't driving to work but going out for what I knew would have been an excellent morning for a run. 
Maybe I am just developing an attention deficit but I don't think so.  I would have worked longer at my home desk yesterday morning writing if I didn't have to keep my eye on the time and get going.  I wanted and was only thinking of what I was writing next and the clock stopped me.  I wasn't aware I had gone past my allotted time.  It wasn't attention deficit when I thought of doing something different, like going on that fabulous run, when I was forced to stop what I was already well into doing to get myself to work.  It was only then that I thought of the something different to do, like the run, when I was presented with the perfect environment to take advantage of it.  It wasn't when I was in the middle of writing.
So I am dealing with have to do's, want to do's, have to want to do.  I'll figure it out soon enough.  I will send out search parties to find the time, have the time, want to use the time.  But for now...I'll have to do it on my own time.
TT 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment at any time! TT