Saturday, September 3, 2011

New running shoes

I finally went out and did what I should have done many months ago.  I bought a new pair of running shoes.  Truthfully, I am soooo not sure why I put it off in the first place.  I certainly know better.  I knew I had an excess of over 600 miles on those old shoes when I usually replace them by the time they get between 300-500 miles.  And yet this time I let it go so long I've probably damaged a toenail and am mildly suffering through some foot soreness in the way of blisters and really, really bad callouses.  Really bad this time, yes.  Not my normal rough, tough skin on the bottoms of my feet kind of callouses but callouses on callouses. 
But no more.  That's done.  I can now retire my old Brooks Launch.  They served me well...
I can now look forward to slip-sliding away in my brand new updated Brooks Launch.  I didn't realize after trying on five different pairs of running shoes that I would prefer the Brooks yet again but they certainly felt the best on my feet.  They just wrapped around them like a hug.  Isn't that what everyone wants?  Okay, maybe hugging my feet aren't something anyone would want to do but Brooks doesn't seem to have a problem with it so I'm in good shape.  I will be in even better shape wearing these..
Just a little flashier on the colors but I have no control over that.  So, Brooks Launch it is!
Happy running!
TT

 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment at any time! TT