Thursday, October 29, 2009

Not much, you?

I spent some time ironing. I had what seemed quite a bit to catch up on since the recent upstairs bathroom remodel. That was the time I was without my washer and dryer for a period of time. That project has finally been completed and I have managed to get all the laundry done but there were items I had put aside to iron. I finally got around to them.
My routine for doing this is usually on a Sunday afternoon. I will set up the board in the bedroom in front of the TV and catch (don’t laugh) a cooking show. I know, how domestic of me. You would be surprised how domestic I can be. This time instead of the cooking show, I realized I had at least four episodes of a show I had recorded but hadn’t seen. It was a perfect time to catch up. So with everything in order, I switched on the iron and switched on the TV and got to work.
I have watched this show since it began last season. I was extremely skeptical about it when it first came on and have to admit it took more than the first few episodes to keep me watching. I was entirely on the fence on whether I thought it would work or not. I am glad I kept watching. I realize now after having caught up on the recent episodes from this season (and ironing all my 11 blouses that needed it) that the actors/writers have really pulled together an enjoyable, entertaining show.
I really believed at the beginning the show would have failed miserably if one of the characters, Walter Bishop, couldn’t pull off the balance between genius scientist and institutionalized crazy. John Noble was able to do it and continues to do it with finesse and humanity. I could go on and on about his character alone. He keeps me watching.
The first season was a little scattered. This season they have definitely pulled it together and have a direction without giving up the individual story lines. I love that the person helping Olivia through some of her problems works at a bowling alley. That might have been the inspiration for me putting this out today. What? Don’t get it? Well, it is kind of obscure…but isn’t Thursday league night? For bowling I mean? Yeah, thought so.
But your saying, what was this about? Ironing, a TV show, bowling.
Yeah. That was it. That’s all it was about. 
And what have you been up to?
TT

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment at any time! TT