Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Lack of laptop

I am hoping I have time to write and post this. I am admittedly a little nervous but it’s something that needs to be done. You see, I need to pack up my laptop and turn it over to someone overnight. I know, you would think I was sending my child away for the first time. But I’ll be without my laptop!

A friend of mine offered to reinstall my iTunes library from my iPod. If you don’t know a while back there was a thunderstorm that crashed my old desktop computer downstairs and I never was able to recover my entire iTunes library. I still had everything on the iPod itself but if I sync’d my iPod to the iTunes I would lose a lot of music. It was really generous of him to offer. He said it was no big deal, that he had done it before and asked if I could bring my laptop Friday and he could do it over the weekend. My face paled, my eyebrows came together and I was a little stunned. “You want to keep my laptop all weekend?”

Obviously, he read my devastation at such an idea and quickly asked if I could bring it the next day and he could have it back to me the following. Relief washed over me. “Yes, that would be good. You sure it isn’t too much trouble?”
It wasn’t and I’m rushing now to write this up so I’ll have it posted in case something happens while my laptop is gone. (What could happen, it’s perfectly safe.)

So this may be short but to the point. I need to copy this over into BlogSpot, set it to publish and pack up my laptop.

To keep my mind off not having my laptop, I will think about all the new music I’ll be able to add once I get it back.

TT

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment at any time! TT