Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Nature's spectator

We had a rain storm the other night. It might have been early morning. I’m not sure the exact time but it was during the night and it woke me as I slept. It was raining very hard. The kind of rain that wakes you up and you fall back asleep. Then it wakes you again and you know it must be hours later. It was really quite pleasant.

When I got up in the morning I went outside. It had stopped raining but the sky was entirely one shade of matte grey. There wasn’t a variance anywhere in the sky that I could see and I looked. I looked to where the sky met the top of the trees and there was a minuscule amount of movement. The trees were throwing off any tiny drops lingering from those uppermost soft parts of their leafy fringe. It was as if they needed to put themselves back in order without drawing attention to their actions. The birds were mostly quiet. You could hear a single call, then another solitary try left unanswered. There was a slightly cooler feel to the skin. A shift so slight it would go unnoticed unless it decided to become more pronounced.

I wanted to stay nature’s spectator. I wanted to notice more of what the uncontrollable had to offer. Show me more of this. I wanted to see, hear and feel more of this.

And while I waited for more, a bright yellow VW bug (old school-not new) proudly chugged and puffed its lawn mower engine on my street in front of me and all of nature. I had to grin.

I went inside wondering if it would clear and the sun would come out. If bright yellow is any indication, I think it might.


TT

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment at any time! TT