Tuesday, October 13, 2009

A feeble rant

I feel a rant coming on but it just doesn’t seem to have all the steam of my usual up-in-arms outbursts. I feel more deflated than powered up fuming. Maybe it’s the condition itself but I really don’t think that’s the case this time around.
My yearly routine blood work came back and I am anemic. Let me repeat that. I am anemic. I repeat it because I am anemic again. The rant would come about now. Here is the part where I go into how I spent the time from 8/19/08 until 12/18/08 seeing 5 different doctors, had 19 appointments, and 12 different tests. It was all because I was anemic. And now my numbers are low again.
Was I feeling tired? Have I changed my diet? Any stomach problems? Not a single one. They ruled just about everything out with all the tests they did last year. They have more pictures of my insides than should be legal. They took more blood than any vampire episode could manage. I asked if maybe that was the reason for the low numbers. They didn’t appreciate my comments.
And I was feeling absolutely great until they told me this. Now I am just feeling frustrated. I mean it’s only iron poor blood - nothing really serious or life threatening. Like I said, I wouldn’t even have known if they hadn’t told me. It’s not like it’s stopped me from doing anything. I don’t exactly fall over when the wind blows or feel faint at any given time.
But I think that’s enough for now. I’m going to let it sit for a while and act like it isn’t there. Then later when I recover from the sucker punch I’ll be ready to deal.
So in the famous words of Katie Scarlett - (no, not Fiddledeedee)!

“I’ll think about that tomorrow.”
TT

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment at any time! TT