Sunday, October 11, 2009

The music didn't die

There was some real excitement the other day when I got my laptop back. It was exciting to me, anyway. Here I was without my laptop that one morning and it was so odd. I couldn't retreat to my normal spot upstairs before work the way I normally do. I missed that! My routine was thrown but I got over it pretty quickly as soon as I got to work.
I got an instant message from my friend that had my laptop. He had taken it to try and restore the music I had on my iPod to my iTunes. My desktop computer at home had crashed and when I restored it I had lost three quarters of my music library. Well, it turned out my friend was able to restore over 900 songs. I told him, YES...that was about the number I had on my iPod! It sounded like he captured all of them back to my iTunes and I would now be able to start syncing up and adding more music again! I was hyped. I was stoked. I was so busy at work!
He had brought the laptop by my desk and left if for me. It sat there. It was all shiny, black, glossy rectangular home of many things mine. All I wanted to do was fire it up and check it out. But I couldn’t. I was really sooo busy. I knew I couldn’t do it then or soon. I needed to get to work on things that were such high priorities and I needed to concentrate on them. I had too many pots on the stove at work to get distracted and I knew turning that laptop on would distract me.
I knew I needed to be patient, but I wanted to see for myself and it was right there at the edge of my elbow. Luckily, the time went really quickly and most of the day was finished before I finally gave in to the urge to turn to it. I knew once I had the lid open there was no turning back. I hit the power switch, got it going, logged in and voila!
There is nothing like having something restored that you were already resigned to have given up on. All 102 albums, 923 songs were there and ready to play.
Needless to say, the day ended and I packed up myself and my laptop, made it home and arranged it all back in it’s normal place on my desk upstairs. That’s when I proceeded to load 3 more CD’s and purchase a new one from iTunes.

Ahhhh…got my music back!

TT

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment at any time! TT