Friday, October 30, 2009

Dress-up

It is basically Halloween at work today. There are potlucks and dessert contests. Costumes are encouraged and I am usually a pretty willing participant for the dress-up thing. I have never been shy about it.
Not this year. I haven’t baked a thing and didn’t even sign up for the potluck. I won’t be wearing a costume. I just didn’t want to, didn’t feel like it and I bet there will be people asking me why since it is known I do this every year.
Nope. Not this time.
I am wearing my dark wash skinny jeans with a tailored button down shirt. I threw on my squared off, rib length bolero jean jacket with the one color machine embroidery stitched down the right sleeve. I put on my Michael Kors cheetah print 4 inch pumps. Not a big stretch for me. I flat ironed my hair as straight as humanly possible to show every jagged layer and allowed the side swept bang to hang well over one eye. I did a smoky charcoal grey eye color with a dark burgundy lip.
But I didn’t go with a costume this year. Just my regular clothes I could team up any given day. Maybe I added just a little extra today but not really. I’ve worn every piece to work before. And maybe if it isn’t a costume it is still dressing up to me. There can be a lot of attitude when you put together regular clothes that way. Doesn’t that make it a sort of costume? So even though I didn’t dress as something I dressed as myself and that has a good feel for me today.

It’s the best I could do right now and today my best…well, it isn’t so bad.
TT

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment at any time! TT