Friday, October 16, 2009

Got a better idea?

I am going to use the excuse that I must be more tired than I am allowing myself to let on. I’ve been pushing myself again and I think it is taking its toll. I am getting to the point where I am not a happy camper. Who is a happy camper? How can you be happy sleeping on the ground in a bundle of quilted cloth, usually no running water, bugs…oh gosh, never mind. Wave that thought away, that’s not what I wanted to think about.
I had decided I was not going to write. In fact, I had made up my mind that I was going to just stop for a while.
I had run out of ideas. I tried to come up with something. I made an attempt by writing a list of words on an index card so I could try and brainstorm ideas. It didn’t work. I crossed out all the words except two. I don’t know why I didn’t cross out those two. What? It doesn’t make any difference what the words were or what the ones where that I did cross out. None of them gave me any ideas. So I decided I wasn’t going to post anything for days. Yes, days.
It’s called a stubborn mind at work. But then stubborn mind decides that isn’t stubborn enough. It needed to be more stubborn. Doing nothing was not an option even if I don’t know what to do. Can’t keep still, can’t sit around. Need to force an idea. Sure…there’s an idea. Right. You can see how well that is working out.
So I’m using the excuse that I am tired. So my one stubborn self is telling me to post while the other is telling me to walk away from it for a while. Tired. I’m tired. That’s my story and I’m sticking to it.

Until I come up with a better idea.
TT

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment at any time! TT