Thursday, October 15, 2009

Magic formulas

I was scanning through some of the Blogs of Note here on BlogSpot. I do that occasionally to see what is out there, to see what has been chosen and try to put some rhyme or reason to the choices. I do this because I am always trying to figure out where my blog is going and where I should be taking it. Wait a minute - that is just a silly statement. I don't take it anywhere - it leads me around on a leash.
But still...my curiosity is there. I want to see if maybe I am doing it right or how I can improve. I mean, these are the blogs, right? The unknown judges have chosen these even when some of the winners admittedly don’t seem to know why. I want to know whatever it is they are doing right so I can do it too – not to be noted but to find some insight in what I may need to do or change to make mine better.
But the noted blogs are so varied and different. They are technically well put together. They have great templates, all kinds of gizmo's and gadgets and widgets. A lot of them have photos. Many of these blogs have tons of followers. Many have links to face book and twitter. Some have posted fewer times than me and a few more. Some posts are short and many are long.
I can’t seem to pull a common thread to help me improve. I keep thinking I need more gadgets. But I’m not sure why. And maybe I don’t. I certainly don’t want to twitter.
I guess I need to remember that what works for some may never work for me. And that is okay. I have found my own bit’s of improvement along the way. Maybe that’s what they found too and I’m looking for some formula to make it magically appear on my pages. So it will be better.
But my better isn’t their better. My reasons aren’t their reasons.
I am sure Dante will remind me (again) that I say it right there in my header.
TT
I would like to congratulate everyone that has ever received the honor of being named Blog of Note. I truly mean that or I wouldn’t continue to look them over for help.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment at any time! TT