Friday, July 31, 2009

New look, new outlook

Time off can be a wonderful thing even if it's forced. It can be a tricky thing for me if I don't have something planned. I needed to take the last two days off work since I had filled my vacation bank to the max. It accumulates hours each month and I would have lost time if I hadn't taken them. But I had nothing planned! I could have planned something but my sub-conscience must have taken over and knew I needed the down time. The do-nothing time. (Is there such a thing with me?-not so sure). I think I knew in the back, far-reaches of my mind that I would use the time to write. Well, I guess I am but not before I started fiddling with the layout of my blog.

Did you even notice? The changes are pretty subtle. I didn't make too many changes but I knew I wanted to brighten the look a bit. My first layout was almost the same but I had chosen some fairly dark colors. That's were I was at the time. Lately, something kept telling me I needed to freshen it up. I edited words out of my header and added some visual to the top right hand side. I took these pictures myself and the index cards are all for real. They are notes from thoughts I have written up and already posted.

The picture under that is my own personal paradise. I took the shot early one morning and it represents my own version of peace. It is a place I have gone to get away, clear my head, put things in order, ran my longest distance race, and a place I allow myself to do nothing without a thought or care. I am making it sound romantic and it isn't. It's a small coastal fishing village of a town I have gone to for over 20 years. It has become comfortable and comforting and just close enough to escape to when I am about to go over the edge or when I just need time away. So I had to include it.

I have started my few days off to a good start. I only have one appointment I need to keep and everything else is up to me. It's nice to realize I have these options when I need them or when I am forced into them. Okay, so forced is more accurate for how I got the option in the first place but I have managed quite well so far, if I say so myself.

Like I said...time off is a wonderful thing. It gives me time to get the things I have already thought about into perspective. And more importantly, time for me to put them into motion.

TT

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment at any time! TT