Sunday, July 26, 2009

Sunday breakfast

This morning began like most Sundays with me getting up and doing five things or more before Jay ever gets up. That's okay, routine is good and I'm used to it. I almost prefer it. I had planned on making breakfast at home and by the time I started cooking, Jay was up and had almost finished reading the paper. I figured it would be okay to put on a Norah Jones album and I chose Feels like Home since it's quiet and mellow - well - pick any Norah Jones album and they will all be quiet and mellow but that's another post.

I went about fixing breakfast and about the time I served it up and we sat down to eat, a song came on called Toes. Perfect timing. We both looked up at each other and smiled. The first time we heard this song together Jay was having a tough time understanding the words. It is one of those songs where the real lyric sounds like another word that changes the meaning.

You know what I'm taking about. You've heard those songs. Come on, like - okay I'll start with a really old one. Blowing in the wind...it goes...the answer, my friend, is blowing in the wind; the answer is blowing in the wind. Remember that one? But it's been confused and sometimes sung as...the ants are my friends, they're blowing in the wind, the ants are blowing in the wind. Another one of these confused songs is, of course, the ever popular - Bad moon on the rise. You know that one too and no, it’s not bathroom on the right, although it really sounds like it. So you understand what was going on here?

When Jay first heard the song Toes, the correct lyric is…my toes just touched the water, my toes just touched the water and repeats a few times. It turns out he was really confused when he heard it. He really thought she was singing...my toast just touched the water. Euuughhh, soggy toast! So, of course, this morning, just as we started to eat, Norah Jones decided to dip her toast into the water. We just looked up at each other and grinned.

We were both really happy to be having tortillas.

TT

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment at any time! TT