Monday, July 6, 2009

I'm taking it

There are more than a few trainers that will tell you to workout first thing in the morning. The idea is to get up early, throw on you workout clothes and hit the gym before all else. They will tell you the many benefits of doing this at the beginning of your day. They will tell you how accomplishing this early will give you a smaller chance of skipping it or talking yourself out of it later in the day when you get busy, tired, non-committed. I think they are trying to get people to do it before they are alert enough to argue themselves out of it. I've even heard (what I think are fabricated motivations) that early in the morning is a good time to burn fat. Isn't any time a good time to burn fat? At least I always thought so.
As you might have guessed, I'm one of the few people that are alert enough in the morning to not fall for this ploy. I will admit I have tried to work out first thing - early in the morning before work. It doesn't work for me. Instead of making me feel accomplished and energized, I'm sapped out and exhausted the rest of the day. I thought it might have been because of the routine change so I tried again and again with no difference in the results. I was still exhausted but then I was also stressed. I was becoming increasingly stressed because I would find that somehow I would always forget an article of clothing I would need for the day, like underwear. I can tell you that will throw off your day no matter how much extra fat you might have burned! So what the experts told me didn't work for me. I work out after work. What I have managed to do is get myself dressed in the mornings for work and get these small posts written. It may not be the ideal for some and I don't think there is a lot of fat burning involved but at least I still have that feeling of daily accomplishment. I also have relieved some stress by not having to worry about leaving the house without certain articles of clothing.

Today, I am writing my post this morning with thoughts of new organization in mind. I might not be able to do exactly as the experts agree is the best way but I will find a best way for me. I know it has caused me more than a few soggy moments when I realize I just can't do things the way most are able to. I know I will have a few trial and error attempts, routine change-ups, and frantic missed sessions coming up but I will try to continue my physical work outs after work, but add the much desired stab at writing in the evenings. One book said 500 words a day...just 500. It doesn't even have to be about your project. But I need to do it daily. I've been doing this almost daily (although not 500 words) so it's good to know my instincts were right about something.
I'll take what I can get and go from there.
TT

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment at any time! TT