Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Great

I wrote a post about how good I feel. I wrote it, stored it, and edited it. I stored it a little longer, re-read it, looked at it again, and edited it. I realized the subject of telling how good I feel was almost as bad as telling you how bad I feel. Who cares? It’s a dull subject matter. One comes off as whining, the other as boasting, and who wants to listen to either? I can’t imagine who, especially me. It didn’t ring right as I was reading it.

So I erased what I had written and proceeded to write what I have above. And it was better but somehow not quite done. I kept trying to figure out if I had more to say about the good feeling I was having. I think I was trying to say more, but what? Then I saw an article about how you can increase your chances of becoming happy by at least 15 percent if someone in your immediate social circle is happy. Happy people spread their vibes. It doesn’t have to be a close friend, even a friend of a friend will do.

I can’t say what caused this for me. I don’t think I was in the lucky 15 percent that had a happy friend rub off on me. My closest friends haven’t been in the best spots possible in their lives lately. Maybe it was because of the darker, heartfelt things my friends have been trying to get themselves through is helping me appreciate all the things that I have. And I have a lot.

Thank goodness I kept going back and didn’t actually publish the original post! But just so you know…I feel really good lately, for whatever reason!


TT

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment at any time! TT