Saturday, November 28, 2015

Ring, ring

I got a call from Mr. L yesterday afternoon. He wanted to talk but mostly he wanted to tell me he left his blankie at my house. I told him that I knew that. I found his blankie, I found the shirt his brother changed out of, the charger his mother left behind and his Dad's phone. He proceeded to tell me his blankie should be at his house. It was at my house and that wasn't quite right.

It's a very nice thing to get a phone call from an almost four year old. It can be a little difficult at times because he will press and talk over you sometimes. I'm told he will also take to walking around the house with the phone to his ear. I have to admit I have a tendency to do that too. I'm not sure why I feel the need to move around when I'm discussing something over the phone but it happens. I guess it happens with him, too.

I asked Mr. L if he wanted me to drive to his house and bring his blankie to him. He very quickly said yes and then goodbye. It was settled. He called, stated his point, and resolved it. I figured I needed to get out of the house and stop at the store so the timing of his call was perfect for me to drive a blankie to its proper owner.

There are times when unexpected phone calls are a good thing.
TT

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment at any time! TT