Monday, November 16, 2015

Seven miles

I'm not sure what finally possessed me to go out and run seven miles yesterday morning. I've spent more time in the past month deciding how not to go out for a run that when I finally got up and went it was a surprise. And it was a good, easy run around the neighborhood.

I could have made a fuss about it being cold. When I say cold I mean cold for me since I don't tolerate it well. But somehow I didn't give it much of a thought and went out anyway. I realized at mile two my fingers were no longer frozen. By the time I hit mile four, I was sweating. Then instead of ending the run right at about mile five, I made a turn off and hit a headwind that dried me off and felt really good. It was seven miles by the time I was a few feet from the house. My pace sucked but who was timing me? It was still seven miles that felt good. I haven't had that in a while.

I almost stumbled at one point. I caught my toe on a rock in the only spot that isn't paved but was able to catch myself before going down. I straightened myself out and kept going. Then I got a twinge in my left knee and still have a bit of it now. It really slowed me down after that but it wasn't a pain, just a real annoyance so I kept after it. It still feels a little off today but it probably isn't more than what I think it is. A twinge from correcting the almost fall.

The fact is I finally got myself up and out and packed on a better run than I've had in a long time. It's about time.
TT

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment at any time! TT