Tuesday, November 24, 2015

11/23/79

November 23, 1979

That is the date we got married and it's been 36 years. It happened to fall the day after Thanksgiving and we both had that day off. We haven't had that day off since and really our anniversary rarely falls on that date. It fell on a Monday this year.  Jay was off but I went to work.

Since Thanksgiving is this Thursday, he wanted to help with all the things that need to happen. We talked about how it's might be possible to keep all the food warm while I'm still making food. I don't have a restaurant kitchen that can accommodate the many components that are involved in this menu. I don't even have a dining room where we can sit and enjoy the meal after all the cooking is done. I only have my very small kitchen with everything and everybody trying to gather and raise a glass while making gravy and un-stuffing a turkey.

Between the two of us, we tried to come up with an idea to make things work better. Jay spent the day shopping, and shopping. By the time I came home from work, he had a buffet table, two food warmers, an electric plug strip, and talk of how we could pull the dining table out of the kitchen and into the living area. He would bring a small table for the kitchen prep and it would eliminate the kitchen crowding and use it only for cooking. They were all ideas we talked about and he had it laid out and ready by the time I got home.

It's going to make a difference this year. We've been doing this a long time. Thirty six years is a long time to be doing anything but when you shake it up and see it another way keeps it exciting. There was one other thing that was waiting for me when I got home. It was the dozen roses.

I think it will make a splendid centerpiece.
TT

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment at any time! TT