Monday, November 30, 2015

Eyes open

I am taking another day off. It was part of the plan. I've been giving myself these long weekends by taking a Friday and Monday off. It didn't hurt that the holiday was in there too and it made it extra-long. I'm glad I did it this time.

The only thing I need to do today is see the eye doctor. It's an annual checkup and I figured I'd better go and get more items for me to be able to see. I haven't decided whether or not I want to pay the extra for new eyeglass frames or just use the old ones. I wear contacts at work and glasses at home. I don't know. I guess I'll see how I feel once I get to the eye doctors office. I think it's just a bit of me being stingy about spending the money.

I think I might stop at the bookstore after my appointment. I'll be right there in the same complex. I always have such good thoughts and memories of browsing in a bookstore. It was such the routine in my past and I haven't lost that feeling. There is something about all those books with my eyes scanning the titles in this section and then that section. Something will trigger an idea and I will walk over to another section and take a look. Pull this book out and flip it to the back, put it back and pull out its neighbor. Finding myself sitting on the floor to reach the books on the lowest shelf to scan the interesting ones. There is no time in a bookstore. It disappears and from the time I walk in until I walk out I am not aware of its passing. I think that is a good measure of enjoyment. If you don't realize how long you've been wandering the aisles of a store it can only be a good thing. Even if I download 99.9% of all my books I can still enjoy that experience of being surrounded by all those books.

Maybe I should go ahead and invest in those glasses.
TT

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment at any time! TT