Sunday, July 1, 2012

Dante's Ribbon Cutting

My youngest son, Dante, turned 27 at the beginning of May this year.  He has had a lot of things happen along with turning another year older.  He, like most young people, was striving for a decent job.  He got one and started working his way up.  He went through some re-organization with the particular company he was working for as they got rid of some people and moved others around.  His hard work and dedication manuevered him into the spot of branch manager.
Yesterday, I attended the ribbon cutting of a brand new office that he opened.  The corporate suits were there and made speeches but the people behind the work were also there and Dante introduced them to me.  It didn't take long for me to realize that they all looked to him.  I heard them asking him questions about certain things and going to him while all the activities were progressing.  He handled every question and situation with a controlled ease that told volumes of how he is able to deal with everything that came up.  And that he would continue to do so.  It was a proud and happy afternoon.
Dante has also moved out of his brothers house and into his own apartment.  He called me the other day about which frying pan to purchase.  As he was looking through the options we talked about other kitchen staples he realized he didn't have and I told him we could get together and fill in some of the pantry and spice items he would be needing.  Dante can do a fair amount of cooking, too. 
He called me late Saturday afternoon when he was finished with the grand opening and we talked for a while.  It had been a success and he was glad all the planning and prior work was over.  I was proud all over again and expect I will be for quite a while.
Oh and yes.  I am looking forward to the kitchen stuff shopping trip.
TT

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment at any time! TT