Thursday, July 5, 2012

July 4th


   

It was the Fourth of July and who doesn't start it off by lighting up the grill!  Well, I had to get my 4 miles for the 4th run in first but then I lit that BBQ up.  I had the fire going and a brisket smoking before the day had even begun.  The beef took it's time and so did I.  The whole day was spread out before me with nothing more to do than some food prep.  

I tried a new appetizer by slicing fresh jalapeno's lengthwise.  I filled with cream cheese and wrapped in bacon.  I grilled them long enough for the bacon to get crisp and boy-oh were these good.  They didn't last very long once the platter full of them went down on the table.

Who doesn't grill fresh corn?  Especially this time of the year when it's so sweet.

A little bit of brisket, a little sausage, a chicken leg.  Hmm...how about a little of each.

Then at the end of it all - Dessert made easy again.  I prebaked the pie tart shells until they were nice and crisp.  Then everybody filled their own with fresh strawberries, blueberries and whipped cream.  Red, white and blue, of course!
Another great time, another great meal.  Happy 4th!
TT

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment at any time! TT