Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Took a rest

I took my rest day today.  I knew last night that I wouldn't be headed to the gym before dawn this Wednesday morning.  I believe it was a 6 consecutive day stretch of runs, but it felt good the entire time.  It felt good until last night when I realized this morning would be the one I needed to skip out on.  I guess I shouldn't think of it as skipping out...I'll need to keep working on that attitude.  It was better not to think and plan it out but to listen to what I needed to hear physically instead.  I know that already and I should try harder to remember it for future reference.
So now it is more than half way through this month and I knew if I was going to hit the gym instead of running outdoors my 100 miles a month would need to be adjusted downward.  My stats were looking like this:
April 109 miles
May 102 miles
June 70 miles
So far for July I have 43 miles.  I don't think that is so bad considering when I go to the gym I hit 3 miles max.  Actually, none of it is bad and I need to dash that attitude again.  It's all good (try to remember that)!  Who else does that?  It doesn't matter.  I'm not someone else.  Surely not.
I heard a song lyric that said, "It's not about the miles but about the love."  It had nothing to do with running.  It didn't matter. 
Where was I going with this?  I guess I needed a rest day more than I realized.
TT 
     

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment at any time! TT