Sunday, July 22, 2012

Taking advantage

My alarm just went off but I don't know how long I've already been sitting here at my laptop.  It was one of those reactions where I heard the sound, located where it is coming from, and actually stared at it a moment before I shut it off.  It wasn't like the normal quick reaction to slam and bang the sound away while only half conscientiously knowing what it was.  I guess I was pretty much awake already, having had my second cup of coffee and copying short fiction I had written into documents that I could actually save.
I don't want to wade too deeply into new projects right now but these pieces needed to be put into a spot I could access right away without having to go through the 1100 posts I have here on this site.  I have written a handful of fiction pieces posted here that needed to be saved and I've captured the first handful that came to mind (or that I was reminded of) and will need to do the same as I think of or review others I might have missed.
I guess the reason I was already awake is because I have been thinking more about my fiction writing.  I guess the other reason is because I am taking a few days off from work and heading out to my personal paradise this morning.  That is always a reason for excitement for me and who can sleep through that?  It means I will be where I'd rather be and have time to punch fictional keystrokes to laptop.  I seem to be wanting to do that more lately or at least it has been filling my thoughts more often.  I need to take advantage of these waves of inspiration and excitement as they come.  What better time to do something like this than when I am up before the alarm because I can't wait to do them?
TT     

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment at any time! TT