Monday, July 16, 2012

Work in it

I got up this morning actually looking forward to going to the gym.  What?  Yeah, you're right.  That doesn't figure.  Monday morning - blah!  4:45am - huh?! Run - Yes!
Maybe that was it.  A run - three miles - no sweat (actually lot's - I can't help it - I'm wired that way) but breezy.  Easily done and in such a short amount of time.  And I'm still here with time to tell it.
When I decided at the beginning of this month that the afternoons for running outdoors just wasn't going to cut it I decided I would do my outdoor running on weekend mornings - early - before the temperatures soared.  Then I would attempt to make it to the gym three days a week.  I could run two days and add a day of strength training or run three days and still add a day of strength training.  It was just a plan and I had no real idea how it would work or if I would even be able to get myself motivated to give it a real try.  Well, try, heck, it's been almost too easy.  I ended up at the gym four times last week and then today I'm looking forward to a Monday morning, too?  I did get my weekend runs, too, so it must be working out.
I have to factor in that one day of strength training.  I still haven't even given that a nevermind but I should.  I'm thinking that will be one day after work instead of before.  I'll have more time and ask a trainer to show me some stuff and then, well, maybe I'll get that one day worked in.  Somewhere.
Happy Monday!
TT

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment at any time! TT