Saturday, July 28, 2012

Don't think - Do

I have been doing quite a lot of thinking about my fiction writing lately.  Maybe it's because I have been more consistent about getting my first draft completed and having to struggle so much with myself about it along the way.  The fact is most of the problem isn't so much the writing but arguing with myself that I can actually do it.  My little devil on the one shoulder keeps trying to tell me I can't be any good at this and will give me a bulleted list of items why. The list is long.  And maybe that happened because I've stayed at this task completely solitary for so long.  Maybe it was just easier to hear the little devil and his list of items instead of the white angel on the other shoulder that was always consistently there pushing me on.
So whenever in doubt I tend to take action.  Stop thinking and do something.
Here is what I did.
Last Wednesday afternoon I found and researched a site for writers/authors/readers.  First of all it's clean.  It seems fairly new but I'm not really sure how large the writer population might be.  I took my first installment of Rules of Writing and put it on the site and will add the other five installments as additional chapters.  My hope is that others will read it and possibly (hopefully) rate it and even send feedback. 
I'll see how it goes and I'm hoping the little devil on the one shoulder will have to start crossing things off that long list. 
If you would like to see for yourself...go to finestories.com 
You can search authors and I have listed myself as TessaT.  Please vote!
TT

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment at any time! TT