Monday, July 30, 2012

A visit from Mr. L

Mr. L came for a visit yesterday afternoon.  Oh - yes, everyone else came with him, too.  It was a casual get together with everyone and a simple menu of grilled hamburgers.  I was running around in another room when they first arrived and when I finally made my way around to where they were congregated in the kitchen, Mr. L decided to give me a heart melting smile.  You know the ones I'm talking about.  The sort when someone hasn't seen you in a while and they smile so big when they recognize it's you.  It has that inner warmth-spreading feeling of, "I know you, where have you been because I'm really glad to see you."  Who knows.  Maybe that was the smile I was giving him but I think it was the other way around.
The little guy can roll over, already.  Not on command.  No, not like a dog, roll over.  I mean I put him down later in the day to nap and no sooner had I laid him on his back that he had roller over to his stomach.  Whoa.  Cool trick there, little dude.  I didn't know you could do that!  Old memories of things to do to barracade the mobile rolling machine came to mind. A fortress of pillows needed to be built to surround and prevent too much movement.  The moving machine needed to be kept corraled or there could be a long drop from bed to floor.  I'd forgotten about things of that sort but they came to mind quite quickly when I saw how easily it was for him to move.  Interesting stuff you forget after so long. 
It kind of makes you break out in one of those heart melting smiles.
TT

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment at any time! TT