Monday, December 19, 2011

A week

A week before Christmas and all through the house.  Yes, it has been going on all throughout the entire house.  I don't think there is a room that hasn't been affected.  I know there isn't a room that hasn't been affected.  It truly is a case of all throughout the house.  And only a week before Christmas.  Should I start my shopping?  And what exactly am I shopping for?  It will be easy to say that things have been more than slightly out of kilter.  There isn't a routine this year that I can say I have been able to stick to.  I would have already made my list and checked it twice by now.  I would have had ideas of what was for whom and everything neatly listed and decided upon. The other odd part about this is that I'm not especially worried about it.  Should I be?  Probably, maybe?  I'm not.  Really.  Not this time.  Can't tell you why.  No stress, no fuss.
I did manage to pick up the Prime Rib Roast for Christmas dinner.  The butcher looked at me a little quizzically when I told him what I wanted.  "Give me a roast with five ribs."  "Five ribs?" he repeated.  "They usually run 2lbs or over each rib and it's over $11 a lb?" he went on.  I didn't realize he was thinking price and I was thinking...one rib could serve two people but the boys eat really well on these occasions...  He did finally go off and came back with a wonderfully cut piece of meat that he tied and made ready for me beautifully.  He was smiling, I was smiling...over a piece of beef.  It wasn't difficult and I got it done.  It will happen.  It does every year.
And the house?  Casi, casi.  Almost.  At least it isn't the night before Christmas.
TT

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment at any time! TT