Monday, December 5, 2011

Blink don't blink

Sunday flew and barely said hello goodbye.  That was it...it started and then it was over.  Did I blink?  When did time accelerate to lightspeed?  Again.  But only on my days off.  That's seems to be the way it goes.  Totally unfair but who ever said...
I tried to stay home as much as possible.  I managed to get the kitchen cleaned up and sanitized for baking up some sample cookies.  Selma wanted me to get some for her since she would be taking them to work after she got co-workers interested in them by sending them to my site.  I got them all baked and packaged up.  I think they turned out looking pretty good.  All the time Dante and I spent on label designs seems to have worked out.  These, of course, are only for the sample cookies, but we thought the small individual cello's would work best for marketing.
So I managed to get that all done without leaving the house.  Then Jay wanted to go through our old artwork.  I knew there were some pieces we didn't particularly want to keep and we needed to see what needed to go and what would replace them or be moved around.  He insisted I go out to look for artwork.  I very grudgingly got dressed and went out into the cold and rain against my wishes (I made that well known). 
We didn't find any artwork but then Jay had already been searching things online so I'm not sure why he made me go out.  We did end up purchasing some new frames since he said he had an idea.  I was just glad the excursion was over and we headed home.  That is when he asked me about all the photo's I had taken of our trips to paradise.  (You know my paradise...that place by the water I retreat to whenever I can get away).  My photos?  Okay.  I pulled out my laptop and let him go through what I had.  He found some interesting choices and he filled the frames we had purchased.  Oh!
Seeing them there, behind glass, up on the wall...I didn't realize they would look so good.  Did I take those pictures?  Am I allowed to say, they are pretty good?  I guess he thought they were.
I can't seem to stop the lightning fast passage of time.  I have no control in blinking and finding myself thrust into another work week with my free time behind me.  I might think I want it to be different, to hold onto that time for a little longer.  Truthfully?  When I have a day that goes as fast but goes so very well?  Isn't that what free time is all about?  I think so.
TT

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment at any time! TT