Friday, December 9, 2011

No issue

Yesterday I said something to the effect that I would pay any price to get this work completed and done. Despite my eagerness to throw money at the situation, Jay didn't think it was a wise decision. I met the electrician yesterday afternoon after rushing from work. I had put in a full day working an event that took me away from my desk the entire day. It was something different from my normal work and it went on all day so as the afternoon got late I had to watch the clock to make sure I left in time as the event was still going on.
Well, I met him and he checked things out and gave us a bid. It didn't seem to be any huge problem in the work itself that would hold us up or cause any special problems. He seemed to know exactly what needed to be done and it wasn't going to be an issue. Then he gave us the price. Then there was an issue. I was on the phone with Jay and he immediately shot the guy down and I had to send him packing. No. No.
Right. No electrician. But without a moments pause, Jay is on the phone again letting me know he has another electrician lined up to give us a bid today at 4:30. I would like to think this will be it. I'd like to think the price will be somewhere reasonable and this will proceed as planned. I'd like to think that but I think I'll put off thinking until later. I've got another full day at work with things to do I didn't get to yesterday. I can't even begin to think about 4:30 this afternoon yet. Not now..not yet.
Although. I could probably skip ahead and think about 5-5:15 or so instead. There wouldn't be any issue there.
TT

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment at any time! TT