Thursday, December 29, 2011

Show up

I've been going back and forth playing ping-pong in my head with the thought of what and if I should write this morning.  I have some factors playing into this game I am playing with myself.  The first is that I am, yet again, not thrilled with any ideas I am having about what to write.  I know that many times what I publish here are random thoughts.  I never thought this would be any more than an exercise and discipline in getting myself to write and learn how to (not) edit.
But maybe these ideas have been too random this past year.  Maybe there are many days it would have been better to skip hitting the publish button and leaving some blank space and breathing room where I went ahead and put it out there.  This thought has come up this morning since I have nothing much in the way of ideas to write about except that I have been cold.  It's been a boring week at work and it's made me tired.  Believe me, I know no one wants to hear me whine about that (again). 
Another factor playing into my struggle about writing this morning is that I have two posts to reach 365 for the year and there are three days left.  I hate math but even I know that means I have one day that doesn't get a post in the next few days.  So I was thinking it would be today.  It makes sense, doesn't it?  I have no real ideas, I have a bye.  So that is what is causing this ping-pong effect in my head this morning.  Do I, don't I?  Will I, won't I?
And yet after all the back and forth, looking over and under, it seems the discipline turned a white page splattered again with words I hadn't expected.  Life is such a ping-pong game.  It's always worth showing up to play.
TT

1 comments:

Nicole V Lozano said...

here's to making something out of nothing... and something interesting at that

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment at any time! TT