Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Landmarks

What are my landmarks and how have they changed?  How is it that it is so easy for me to forget the feeling of making it to a certain spot.  Then later as I progress again, beyond that spot, I seem to encounter that same feeling again.  That forgetfulness that I've already reached farther than I originally thought I would.  I forget.  Why do I feel like I've started again and haven't accomplished so much?  I have a very short memory when it comes to things I've done.  It is as if my landmarks are all mirages.  The closer I get to them the more I believe they are farther away.  Are they moving or do I keep putting them out of reach?  If I reach a landmark do I immediately dispel it and put another harder, farther one there in it's place?  And then immediately forget that I have accomplished a landmark at all since I haven't reached the next harder one?  Careful.  This can be treacherous.
Actually, what made me think of this is I found (surprise) some index note cards I wrote up.  I found one where I had written Landmark at the top and below it had - 200 posts.  I think that was a landmark.  Who writes 200 posts?  me.  Who writes 901?  me.  Does it matter no one reads them?  Well, it doesn't seem to stop me from writing them.  Should it?  Also on that index card I wrote...no random wanderings (ok maybe occasionally).  How accommodating of me.  I grinned at that one.   
So, chalk this up to a random wandering.  I'm allowed them occasionally since it doesn't matter if anyone reads it.  It hasn't stopped me from writing them anyway.
TT
P.S.  I had wandered around writing this bit a few days ago.  Since I'm headed to the hospital this morning I thought this might save me time this morning.  That little Mr. L is supposed to arrive this morning.  Talk about landmarks.
-------------------
6:14pm
New baby, Mr. L, arrived 12/20/11 at 9:21am. He weighed in at 6 pounds 15.8 ounces and was a length of 19.25 inches. He is Sonny and Selma's new baby boy and my grandson - born today. I am very happy about it and even happier that everyone is safe and healthy and doing fine.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats new Grandma....

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment at any time! TT