Sunday, December 11, 2011

Hello

I said I wasn't talking about my book.  That book would be my fiction novel project that I have been writing but can't seem to work on long enough to finish.  I've never forgotten about it.  I've worked on it sporadically for what seems like a millennium.  I've used the excuse that it's taken me so long as a reason to stop.  It shouldn't take this long.  I should have finished.  It's because it isn't worth spending time on.  All the excuses go on and on.  And I don't want to talk about it.  I want to do it.  I keep saying I will and then I put it aside.  I think I'll work on it then - at that time later.  But then that later time comes along and something else gets done instead.
With all this painting and flooring and work that has been going on in the house, some items had been put away by workers that I hadn't noticed.  Yesterday I went into the closet here in my upstairs workroom to store some things from downstairs.  I was able to clear a space for what I needed to stash away but also found something that I didn't realize had been put aside.  I found my story cork board.  This is something I had put together a millennium ago to help me at the beginning of my writing.  It was to clarify each of my story characters identities and I made one index card describing each character that is in my fiction.  I pinned each card with each character onto the cork board.  When I found it there I have to say it was a little awkward.  It was that feeling you might get when you were supposed to meet someone at a certain time but you don't.  Then you let time pass instead of saying a simple hello so when you run into them again accidentally it becomes slightly awkward.
There they all were.  Still there, still wanting to know what was going on.  Looking to me.
I said hello.
TT

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment at any time! TT