Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Baby feet

I have been experiencing the simply joys of figuring out what I should be doing as a new grandmother.  With the birth of Sonny and Selma's beautiful baby boy on 12/20/11, part of my responsibility is letting people know that Mr. L has arrived.  That is only a small part but my problem is that I am not used to spreading the news.  Any news.  And then I'm not sure the rules for spreading the news.  Not that there are actual rules but, to me, of course there must be.  I've had to overlook my thinking about that and it seems I have been on the right track so far.  I have released a few pictures and told a few people and gotten requests for more.  I've had people tell me he looks like he or he looks like she and how precious he is.  I have to admit I caught myself calling him "my precious" until I stopped and realized it was sounding a bit too much like Lord of the Rings.  I mean, we don't need another ramekin incident.
So, I have sent pictures and let people know.  I've gotten to hold and cuddle and be silly, kissy-face with Mr. L.  He is very tolerant.  He doesn't seem to mind.  I like that.
But coming back to the pictures - I received a few more yesterday.  I scanned through the lot and in only a few days...well...he hasn't changed a lot.  He's got some excellent clothes and he sleeps a bit, although I hear it is mostly during the day and not so much at night.  Hmmm...like his Dad.
There was one picture out of this new group that I especially thought was good and interesting.  I saw quite a bit from this one particular frame.  I don't know the narrative surrounding the taking of this picture and I haven't had a chance to get the backstory, if any, just yet.  Maybe it was just a case of the typical five finger, five toes...except...well, like I said.  I saw a bit from this one frame.
I think these are going to grow into some really excellent running feet!
TT
   

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment at any time! TT