Thursday, December 8, 2011

Get it done

Not a pretty picture is it?  I'm sure, like me, you would have thought the next thing you saw would be the nice, neat, numerous shots of all the wonderful things that had been done to improve the aging home I refused to move from.  As in real life and not fairy tale blogs, we seemed to have caught a snag in the very last bit of work that would have made it possible to say, "we're done!"
That last bit of work was the recessed lighting we wanted above the built in shelves on either side of the fireplace.  You can see the holes have been drilled and electrical wires from the walls.  That is were it stopped.  It seems the recessed lighting was blowing the circuit breakers.  It seems the contractor isn't a licensed eletrician.  It seems this is my living room since we found this all out.  That was Tuesday.
Well, so.  An electrician is supposed to show up today at 4:30 to give us a bid.  I'm afraid I will pay any price at this point to just get it done.  Hurry up, finish it...let me get these things put away, cleaned up, get out of my house and leave me alone.  (I won't mention the fact that my heightened foul mood is intensified by the friggin' consecutive days of 30 degrees we keep having)!  Enough already. 
But on a brighter note...you can see the accent chairs have arrived.  The carmel colored, perfectly sized set of two chairs are in the photo and I am happy about them.  They go well with the boldly striped sofa I have, which you can't really see since everything from the shelves is stacked on it.  But you can see the pillow from the sofa on the new chair in the bottom right hand corner of the picture.  The properly sized, modern, neutral colored chairs work well in the room.
Now if I could only get this other last bit of work completed in the room. (and if the weather could warm up).  Sorry, I said I wouldn't mention that fact. 
TT

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment at any time! TT