Thursday, December 15, 2011

Birthday dinner

It wouldn't be a proper Birthday without the food.  So I will get right to it.  Or at least I did last night for Sonny's 30th Birthday...
 
 Appetizers were simply Sharp Provolone and Hot Capocollo.  The wafer crackers I picked up were strange tasting and I won't get those again but you can't beat the other two ingredients.
 The main course was grilled sirloin.  I had peeled and cleaned the shrimp the night before so I only needed to flour dredge, egg wash, and then bread crumb the breaded shrimp.  Then fry, of course.  Twice baked potato were stuffed with bacon, butter, cheese and sour cream after I scooped out all the inside of the cooked potato, mixed it all together and then put it all back again.  Then there was lemon butter baked asparagus. 


Sonny got to take home his dessert.  He prefers the Chocolate Hazelnut Biscotti and Chocolate Chip Cookies with walnuts instead of cake.

It went well.  Birthday Dinner on a Wednesday Night.  Of yes...and he did get gifts.
TT 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment at any time! TT