Monday, December 12, 2011

Present

It feels as if things are now in some sort of downward countdown.  I need to change that feeling.  I don't want to think of things hitting a certain mark and then hitting another until it all ends.  It is being spurred, of course, by the fact that I am quickly approaching the end of this year.  I would think it's a common thing for people to feel this countdown about now.  It's put into everything we see, like how many shopping days left.  Shopping days.  I haven't had a chance to think about the holidays yet.  I did manage to send my sister flowers on her birthday which was Dec 5th.  I hadn't talked to her but gave it a shot that she would be home and had them delivered since I live out of town.  I was glad when I got an email from her letting me know she had received them.  My oldest, Sonny, will have his 30th birthday this Wednesday.  I believe they will come here that evening for dinner, although I haven't talked to him about what he would like to eat.  It's always their choice on those occasions.  December 20th is the scheduled date for his first child to be born.  Isn't it something when your child has a child?  But, of course, he isn't a child.  Not at 30.  He wasn't many, many years before that either.  Christmas is the same day as every year on the 25th and then there is New Years Eve.
I don't need to enumerate them all.  Everyone knows how this month goes and how it all feels rushed.  I need to do something to remember to be able to stop and appreciate these things as they happen and not get caught up in the overwhelming downward countdown.  It isn't about hitting the mark and then hitting the next.  It is about what happens on those days, with those people.  It really doesn't matter if I've prepared for it majestically or just barely made it in time.  It's about being there, any way I can. 
There are only so many days left this year.  I'd like to be present at as many as possible.
TT

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment at any time! TT