Sunday, October 9, 2011

Wet or not

The clock read 1:26 am.  It was dark and I heard rain.  We have been needing it, I thought, and I went back to sleep.  When I woke again it was time for me to get out of bed and it was still raining.  Not hard driving rain but murky, darkly gray, constant patterings.  I couldn't help but open the doors to get a better look.  I couldn't help feeling the freshness as I saw how it was turning small areas of the yard into small pools of accumulated moisture.  The ground was too much in shock to keep up with absorbing it as it kept falling.  And it did.  It kept falling and still is. 
I will postpone or call off my run this morning.  I may be able to get one in later in the day.  I will start my packing as we plan to head out to my personal paradise for a while.  There is a good chance we will encounter more rain, more wet there.  I wouldn't trade not going for that reason, anyway.  It may dampen everthing except my wanting to be there.  Wet or not.  What would paradise be if I couldn't view the water over water?  To breathe the freshness coming off of it instead of my backyard?  And it may stay or go, giving me options to explore different ways to settle down and relax.  Because that is what this should be all about. I mean, I am on vacation, aren't I?
TT

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment at any time! TT