Thursday, October 6, 2011

Plan B

I had a plan a few days ago to take one day off from my running to re-coop from a hard nine-day stretch of workouts where I ran a lot of miles. That was my plan. Somehow it has now turned into a three day rest period and I'm not sure if it will turn into more. I needed that one day off. The second day wasn't too bad either. When I had to check on a few things after work on the third day it wasn't supposed to take as long as it did and it turned into a third rest day. I'm feeling a little anxious about whether I will end up with a string of rest days instead of getting back to getting back.
I can't blame the weather. It has been almost perfection along those lines. I had ditched my gym bag and would have actually headed outdoors after work to run if I hadn't been concentrating on not doing it. Well, I really wasn't concentrating on it but I couldn't ignore those thoughts that stream through my head when it is time to make a decision about should I do this or should I do that. Obviously - that - won the decision and - this - is where I am this morning. It wouldn't be so bad if I didn't think about so much. It isn't as if I won't actually get back to it. Why wouldn't I? I feel rested. The weather is perfect and I really want to do it or I wouldn't even give it a second thought (or third).
So how good is a plan if it can't be adjusted for the realities that come along? But enough adjusting. I think I'll pack my gym bag. Just in case. I can call it Plan B.
TT

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment at any time! TT