Monday, October 24, 2011

Weekends gone

I would pose the question, "What happened to the weekend?" except I already know the answer.  It's gone, done, finished, finito.  Wow.  "That was quick", I might say, except it was so jammed packed.  Was there ever a moment when I actually stopped?  I'd try to think of when that was but thinking back and referring to memory is too taxing right now.  And well, sure, of course there had to be times I stopped.   I think it might have been when I was asleep! 
I guess it's a very good thing when you have multitude of things going on and keeping you busy that you don't realize you've eaten through a majority of your day, days, weekends.  Everything that went on was productive and yet I still didn't get around to some of the normal routine things I would do.  I usually do all my ironing late Sunday afternoon.  I never got a chance to do that.  I was still doing laundry late Sunday and I can't iron until that is finished.  I have a stack of ironing to do now and yet I am not feeling bad about it because the other things I did instead were just as necessary.  I guess they were.  They kept me busy all day.  If I could only remember what they all were.  Don't make me think back right now.  It's too late anyway because something has happened to the weekend.  Oh, I know...it's gone, done, finished, finito.  Time to start thinking about today instead.
TT 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment at any time! TT