Friday, October 7, 2011

Friday afternoon

It's Friday before vacation.  One day to get through all the loose ends at work to be on my own schedule for an entire week.  It starts this afternoon.  I've gone through the frustration of having gotten everything in order only to be given harder tasks to take care of and then gotten those out of the way in order to start smoothing things down again for today.  I think I've gotten everything patted down for now.  It should all be in relatively good shape and today, well, today should be a Friday.  Who doesn't love a Friday?  It certainly doesn't have the same feel as a Monday - no one can deny that.  So I am in pretty good shape.
Plans?  I wish I could say I've gotten them all lined up.  I don't.  But I prefer it that way, I think.  What would be the fun in taking time off if I had a list of things I had scheduled to do?  I know the things I would like to do.  They are all there floating through my head.  I would rather pick and choose as I go or even plan small chunks at a time.  It leaves me the opportunity to switch gears or change my mind or go in another direction if another idea presents itself.  But first there is Friday.  Just a little more time to be structured, to get things done, to take care of a few things and then it's all my time.  A week of vacation.  It starts this afternoon.
TT    

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment at any time! TT