Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Appreciation over inspiration

I am looking up the word inspiration.  That word wants to cling in my head and is beginning to try to dominate and press out other words that might be more accurate for certain things I have been thinking of lately.  Is everything an inspiration?  Yes.  No.  Maybe.  Does it depend on the person being inspired?  And how exactly does a person become inspired?  Do I wait to do things until I'm inspired or does the inspiration happen along the way as I progress through what I am doing?
I've never been much good at waiting if I could go ahead and get started.  It doesn't mean I might not slow down at some point when I am feeling less inspired but I also think there are varying degrees of inspiration.  Don't you? 
Inspiration might be defined as an unconscious burst of creativity.  I also saw where it was defined as a result of an inspired activity.  I don't much care for definitions that use the word you are looking up to define itself but it might help in knowing that inspiration is something that happens as you are doing and not waiting for it to just happen to you.  I like the idea of an unconscious burst of creativity.  I think that is the more accurate.  You don't wait around for it or you might just miss it.  But I think there is another word I need to keep in mind when I am going through my day unconsciously waiting for bursts of creativity.  I think it is appreciation.  That is defined as a sensitive awareness.  Could that be the key?  Shouldn't I be going through my daily routines with a dose of sensitive awareness?  It can be tucked away but still there to be used at any given time...like when I am sent a video clip about a restaurant that is serving $200 meals of PB&J and Mac and Cheese and not just take away the ridiculousness of the price for these items but find the innovation and be able to appreciate that?  To use that thought to maybe have an early morning inspiration for a PB & J cookie?  To think how the peanut butter would replace part of the fat ingredients, a portion of brown sugar substitutes a portion of refined sugar and maybe a thumbprint jelly center or a melted grape fruit gummy with crushed peanuts drizzled over the top might be a good tasting cookie?
I am beginning to think I need to keep appreciation more in the forefront of my mind instead of inspiration.  I think the one will help lead to the other more times than not.
I can definitely see where it might lead to more pleasurable and different journeys along the way. 
(Or maybe I just got up way too early).
TT

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment at any time! TT