Saturday, October 15, 2011

Not going

I was wondering this morning about how things have been going this entire week.  It started with heavy rains that we needed so badly but could have put a damper on our short trip to the coast if I had let it or if it had really continued.  The rain didn't continue so we got the full benefits of rain we truly needed without it interfering with our short vacation plans.  The coastal weather turned absolutely perfect and we were able to have one of our best times.
What has me wondering, and I admit it's just one of those silly things that will appear in my head, about this new motel we stayed at that we hadn't stayed at before.  It was across the street from the water but the rooms didn't face it like our other location.   The room we stayed in had this view directly outside our room.    
It wasn't a great view but nice enough to have the open space instead of other rooms crowding around us. 





The water was just a ways ahead with only a head turn to the left.  Not bad.  Not too far away.  Then the view to our right was a narrow back road (the one I took into the residential area for my run).
You can't really tell from the picture (or maybe you can) that the area with the two palm trees and the chain link fence is actually a small cemetery.  It was right there a few steps away from our room.  I wanted to go see it.  I remember trying to convince Jay, right then, to walk over and for us to take a look.  He refused.  He said no.  I persisted, "It's right there, why not?"  He wouldn't budge.  No.  I even asked later in the afternoon, when we were just sitting.  There was no way I could have convinced him at that point.  The sun was already fading into dusk and, I guess, the shadows were getting a little too long for him to feel comfortable venturing into a cemetery no matter how small when he wouldn't attempt to go or allow me to go when it had been bright.
So I've been sitting here this morning thinking about him not letting me go into the cemetery.  How it was so close we could have entered with no restriction or obstacles.  I was open to it and even thought it would be interesting but he said no and we didn't explore. 
It means nothing. It was coincidence that we would be so close and still stay outside the fence of the cemetery. How many other people might want to wander inside a small cemetary?   It was just my curiosity that I would want to venture inside.  We certainly had the time and I didn't see a problem with it but he sensibly held me back.  He refused.  He said no.  
I admit it's just one of those silly things that will appear in my head, but who was sensibly holding us back when we rolled our car on Tuesday morning?
TT 


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment at any time! TT