Saturday, October 22, 2011

Bright day

I'm up early but not dressed for work so I must have known it was the weekend.  I can't tell if this last week went fast or slow, busy or boring.  It doesn't matter since I'm sure it's Saturday morning and I have a few things I need to do.
I will be following Jay to take his new SUV in to get the windows tinted and to add the OnStar to his compatible vehicle.  Then I will drop him off at work and need to start with grocery shopping and cooking for Selma's baby shower which is today at 4:00pm.  I went over to her house last night and picked up the lasagna pan but I will probably need to make two pans of lasagna.  I've settled on keeping the menu very short and straight forward.  I want to be able to have everything easy and prepared in advance so I won't be in the kitchen while guests are there and to be able to keep her kitchen clean.  She also thought simple veggies and fruit were good appetizer options that most of the ladies coming would enjoy.  Who am I to argue?  I could still make some olive and sun-dried tomato tapenade and cannelli bean and garlic dip for us and the guys for after the party.  Those would go great with a drink afterward.  Then the meal would be a mixed green salad and the Italian sausage and spinach lasagna (which is why I'm thinking two pan of lasagna).  Add the fresh fruit and some whipped topping and they've got a great dessert, too.
So that is all settled.  Still a little too dark outdoors at the moment so I have time for another cup of coffee.  If I don't get too distracted I can get a short run in and have time to shower and dress before heading out to take Jay to work.  I'll throw together my grocery list and then start prepping my fruit and veggies.  I think there is some new music I wanted to download so I can keep the tunes going while I'm in the kitchen. 
Yes, it is Saturday morning.  Looks like it's going to be a bright day.
TT
----------------------------
8:32am - Just finished a four mile run and  barely have enough time to shower!  Jay wants to leave the house at 9:00am.
11:47am - This is taking longer than I thought!  Dropped off Jay, got all the groceries and just unloaded them all.  Downloading the newly released Evanescense (self-titled) album and ready to start all prep work in the kitchen!  Whew!  Need to make up some time.
7:10pm - Made it home after the shower.  I'm tired.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment at any time! TT