Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Rest day

It's funny now that I have completed my 21 days of consecutive workouts how I am still heading to the gym after work.  It has now gotten to be the norm for me to do that.  I will shut down my laptop, stow it in the car and drive the short ride to the gym.  I am no longer sore or tired or pressured and I am definitely not feeling lazy.  I did happen to take today off and it certainly felt a little odd not to be following what has become my regular routine.  But it was needed and part of re-figuring out this entire way of doing this is to find the balance.  I could have gone but I needed to stop this one day to get refreshed so I can go on to the next.  It was a matter of keeping alert to my own signs and warnings and knowing I could work out today but fizzle out later when I will need the extra get up and go.  I opted for the rest day today.  I plan on going tomorrow, the day after, and then I will have arrived at the weekend where I will be able to get my runs outside.  That's the real treat of it all!
It was odd driving home today instead of going to the gym.  But, I am feeling a little more refreshed already.  Besides, it gave me time to finish book #5 of the current series I am reading and start up #6.  Now THAT is refreshing!
TT

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment at any time! TT