Wednesday, August 3, 2011

It's been hot...did you know?

We are currently in a Heat Advisory.  I saw the statement pop-up on my weather widget on my laptop and then someone actually told me about it.  We are predicted to have 100+ degree temperatures this full week with no rain in the forecast.  It will be over 100 degrees this entire week.  That's pretty hot.  Even I, who loves the warmer climes, would have to say that's hot (not that I have stopped eating my lunch outdoors) but yes, it's hot. 
The thought that passed through my mind was...did everyone else just notice?  There have been consecutive days of over 100 degree weather since about the middle of July this year.  It isn't as if this is the first week we have experienced this phenomenon.  It has reached these heights before this very summer.  So why exactly have they pasted the label of Heat Advisory on the reports now?
Is it really because they just happened to come out of their air-conditioned cocoons to realize what it's like to be outdoors?  I can just see the pale and glassy-eyed lifting one arm to protect their eyes from the foreign sun as they venture out their front doors.  The rays scorch through their clothing putting them into an instant sweat and then they are dallied with by a blast of hot air.  The  fiery breeze only fans their already too high body temperatures which sends them running to another shelter within their sphere.  I guess if that is what happened it might explain the recent decision to throw up their arms to protect themselves from the almighty sun and declare a Heat Advisory now. 
Or maybe since it has been going on for a while they needed a new marketing tool to get everyone's attention.  The Heat Advisory warning might just be another way to get those pale and glassy-eyed reason to stay in their air-conditioned cocoons longer in order to watch more of the ratings driven programming instead of really experiencing what has already been going on for about a month if they had experienced anything that wasn't inside.  Maybe not.
It's just a thought.
TT

2 comments:

Nicole V Lozano said...

And your still eating lunch outside. Your braver then I. On the bright side, how much longer can this last? One, two, three more months?

Chetta said...

I am eating outside to defrost from the A/C! And yes...I still have the top down on my car, too! ;)

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment at any time! TT