Saturday, August 13, 2011

Now I remember

I was on my way to an entirely different subject this morning when I did what I was starving for yesterday and spent a few moments reading other peoples pieces while checking my email and having my coffee.  I was thinking it was just early enough to run outdoors instead of going to the gym if I didn't dawdle too long and waited until it was too hot.  That was about the time I flipped over to a piece that lightly burrowed deep and reminded me of my Dad.  A very pleasant thought to mull over while I ran outdoors for the first time in 16 days.
It was his birthday yesterday.  He would have been 99.  I'm grinning as I remember him taking his walks so long ago.  He would do them right there in our old neighborhood where we all grew up.  Is that why I'd rather run in my own neighborhood instead of the gym?
I'm not trying to get off the hook about writing something today but I wrote this piece about him and would rather you take a look at it instead.  The link will keep you here in this blog but to an archived post...take a look at my Dad...Dad's link...it was his birthday yesterday.
TT

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment at any time! TT