Saturday, August 27, 2011

Shoe, shoe...shoes?

I know I need a new pair of running shoes.  No way around it.  I knew it was coming up but I tried to ignore it as long as I could.  Let's face it.  They are pricey but I'm not afraid to spend the bucks on them.  It's just that lately I would rather pay off my car (no, the shoes aren't that expense) and I've been funneling money down that tube instead.  But it has become more and more obvious that I can't wait much longer to replace my running shoes and I will need to go out and spend the money.  I thought, at first, I would just put my priceless Brooks Launch aside - Ahhh..my silver and blue sleek little feet protectors.  I don't wanna put them aside but with more than 600 miles on them and although the outside treads are holding up, I have obliterated any comfort, protection, and cushion they might have had a while back.  I know.  I can feel it when I run.
I decided to try and save the money a little longer and go back and use my Karhu, fulcrum technology running shoes instead.  They don't have anywhere close to the amount of miles on them.  I moved my velcro RoadID and nike+ sensor tune pouch into the laces.  I put the gray and orange shoes on and went for my run outdoors this morning.  I realized after the run why I had put them aside to begin with and went out and bought my pretty little Brooks.  Somehow the fulcrum technology does nothing for my right foot.  My toes were going numb and I remembered the heel pains from last year.  Besides, they look like bricks on my feet.  (I know - I don't buy running shoes because of color.  Obviously, or I wouldn't have bought the Karhu's)!
     So, I will probably go back to my Brooks for a while.  At least until I get myself down to the store and get a new pair (I should hurry, right)?  I'm sure they will offer me an assortment of the newest and best in all there is to offer now.  I mean, these are the most important pieces of equipment I use for my sport, right?  My running shoes.  Without them I would have no place for my ID and sensor.  I've been known to tie my keys to the laces, too.  If I could figure out a way to put my cell phone on them I'd do that but for now my nice running belt holds the phone and my iPod and my keys.  I should pick up a new belt that holds a water flask when I go to get my new shoes.  Yeah...good idea!  I might need to go much sooner than later.  Shopping might not be such a bad idea.  Why was I was putting this off?
Oh, car...right. 
I'm pretty sure I can do both.  It's not like the money won't get spent somewhere.  It always does.  And I need these new shoes.  Although, it's a different need from the shoes Jay thought I should have and have been banging around in this afternoon...
I sure can't run in these!
TT
     

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment at any time! TT